A few months back, we heard about Lorien Barlow and her documentary film about women in the trades. A week ago, her Kickstarter campaign to fund the final stages of production showed up in our Facebook news feed. After watching the trailer, we contributed, but were wondering how we could help more. A conversation with Lorien yesterday sealed the deal. This is an intelligent and engaging woman, making a really great film, telling stories that need to be heard. Her mission is directly in line with what Hammerstone School is doing. We need her to succeed!
Here’s how YOU can support Hard Hatted Woman and Hammerstone School:
Hammerstone School wants to reach the $5000 reward goal to be listed as associate producer in the film credits. But we can’t do it alone. We’re asking you, Hammerstone School supporters, to contribute to the campaign in Hammerstone’s name. If enough people pledge enough money, Hammerstone will be listed in the credits! If we don’t reach our goal, you will still have contributed to an awesome project and we will feel good about having helped.
Here are the details:
- Go to green “Back This Project” button at top of the Kickstarter campaign page
- Enter pledge amount
- Select “No Reward”
- At the next Log In page, users create their Kickstarter account. You should NOT log in with Facebook. Instead, you should enter your name and email address. When entering your name, they should also enter (Hammerstone). For example: Jane Jones (Hammerstone)
- Continue to payment
Step #2 and #4 are the critical points! The only way Hammerstone can aggregate your pledge is if you decline a personal reward. And the only way to track Hammerstone supporters is through the choice of your user name.
Important note: If you already have a Kickstarter account, please either send a message to the campaign saying you wish to be associated with Hammerstone, or edit your Kickstarter profile to change your name.
- What is Kickstarter: Kickstarter is a crown funding platform where art producers solicit support directly from individual patrons.
- Why do I need to relinquish my reward: Producing rewards costs the campaign directors money and time. Pledgers at the higher level receive all lower rewards as well. If Hammerstone supported the campaign at the $5000 level alone, the campaign would only give out one set of rewards. If each aggregated backer received the smaller awards associated with their pledge, there would be no incentive for the campaign to give Hammerstone the associate producer credit award. Think of your pledge of money as your way of supporting the film, and your relinquishment of your reward as your way of supporting Hammerstone.
- What if I already have a Kickstarter account: If you already have an account that is not associated with Hammerstone, you may either edit your profile name to include (Hammerstone), or you may message the film maker directly using the “Contact Me” button on the main page of the “Hard Hatted Woman” Kickstarter page.